From:
Chrystal Ocean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2008 11:05:28 -0400
Next segment in the audio broadcast of Policies of Exclusion, Poverty and Health: Stories from the
front.

Synopsis:

In Brooke, who has a middle-class background and is mid-fifties at the time of this telling, we meet
a seemingly fragile woman. Certainly, the stresses of her life are evident in both the content of her
story and how the story unfolds. However, beneath Brooke’s apparent fragility we view hints of a
stubborn optimism, a willful tendency always to look to life’s brighter side. That is what keeps
Brooke going. Through hunger, loss of income and loss of home, Brooke refuses to let go hope.

To access this and previous podcasts, visit:
http://bcseawalker.podbean.com/

Ocean