From:
Chantelle Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:11:45 -0500
I know of a mall in Orleans Ontario (just outside Ottawa) "Place d'Orleans" which is certainly promoting a breastfeeding-friendly environment - they have quite a large room set up with privacy partitions, comfortable chairs for feeding, change tables, sinks, etc that is open for all moms / families in the mall.  The mall has always had some area set up for this purpose, but has recently exapnded and renovated the area - it is really very inviting.  I don't know if a policy per say is in place, but you could speak to the manager or supervisor of their Customer Service department (they are very customer service focused) to get more details.
As well, Sears in the Fairview Mall in Kitchener, Ontario has a breastfeeding room set up for moms with a scale where you can weigh your baby and they run breastfeeding support drop-ins there once or twice a week as far as I know.
Hope this has been helpful.
Chantelle Reid, R.N., BScN
Public Health Nurse
Brant County Health Unit