From:
Randi Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:37:19 -0500
The Canadian Public Health Association has begun work on a national
second-hand smoke project called "Respecting the Air We Breathe". The
purpose of the project is to develop effective messages that will
encourage parents not to smoke - and not to allow others to smoke -
in their homes or anywhere children are present. Activities will
include creating an inventory of existing resources and testing
second-hand smoke messages and delivery models in focus groups.
Target audiences will include Aboriginal, low-income and expecting
parents. "Respecting the Air We Breathe" is funded by Health Canada.

If you have access to or know of resources developed since 1999 that
target parents and include messages to reduce children's exposure to
second-hand smoke, I would really like to hear from you.

Please contact me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance and for contributing to
our national inventory of second-hand smoke resources.
--
Randi Goddard
Project Coordinator

Tel: (613) 725-3769 ext. 168