From:
Jean-Marc Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:51:18 -0500
A warm hello to all Click4HPers,

Those of you working in or interested in the issue of anti-smoking
legislation might be curious to know that as of today (February 1st, 2007)
it is illegal to smoke in a number of public spaces in France (though bars
and restaurants have a few more months before also needing to comply).
There is an interesting French article in Le Monde www.lemonde.fr on related
issues. As someone who travels to France almost every year, this is good
news for me and my children. And they said it would never happen in France!!
There will, needless to say, be resistance (in typical French fashion ..
though one wonders how it will really differ from our lessons here in Canada
and elsewhere) and there will remain much work to do for a long, long time,
but change is in the air. An interesting social commentary I think as we see
the ever escalating tobacco challenges in developing countries.

Warm Regards from Canada's capital,
JM Dupont

---
Jean-Marc Dupont
Chief Executive Officer and Principal Consultant /
Directeur général et Consultant principal
The Alder Group Inc.
www.aldergroup.com <http://www.aldergroup.com/>

Bureau chef Ottawa Main Office:
1355, rue Wellington Street - Suite 206