From:
Chrystal Ocean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:45:31 -0400
Latest segment in the audio broadcast of Policies of Exclusion, Poverty and Health: Stories from
the front.

SYNOPSIS:

Fallon, who comes from an upper middle-class background, found herself applying for BC social
assistance after the breakup of her first marriage. Not only did she struggle with her own
preconceptions about people on welfare - lazy, unwilling to work, shiftless -, she found her
condition, including her health, worsening as one intervention after another were denied her by
the system.

Fallon eventually became a passionate and effective client advocate, having learned about BC
social assistance from both sides of the desk.

After listening to this episode, PLEASE RATE and comment. Instructions on how to do this are
given on the podcast channel. Rating is essential, as I've not received donations to enable me to
upgrade the channel from the free plan. Therefore, to preserve the space under the current plan,
I'll be removing the lowest-rated episodes.

Regarding comments, I'd be delighted to participate in discussions on the stories, whether on the
podcast site or as part of an academic course.

Ocean
--
WISE Book - Policies of Exclusion, Poverty & Health: Stories from the front
Podcast Channel: http://bcseawalker.podbean.com/