From:
Chrystal Ocean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:50:23 -0400
A report from Halifax has struck me like a blow and resurfaced the hurt I experienced a few
years ago. It's the report of Rosamond Luke, former Tory candidate and Harpercon favourite,
who as Executive Director of a group whose mandate was to help low-income immigrant women,
unaccountably helped herself to federal funds instead.

You see, a similar thing happened to WISE, the group which I founded and whose membership
was women in poverty like myself. In the four short years of its existence, WISE grew into a
national movement. We worked to help each other and our families and to lead change in our
communities.

Unlike the group from Halifax, WISE didn't fold - then, when our own version of Rosamond Luke
did her thing - and our project went on. But more than that differentiates what happened to us
and our project, and the painful events likely still being endured by the Halifax group...

Full article: http://tinyurl.com/48dxpn

Ocean

WISE Book - Policies of Exclusion, Poverty & Health: Stories from the front
Podcast Channel: http://bcseawalker.podbean.com/
Personal Blog: Challenging the Commonplace - and other irreverent activities
http://challengingthecommonplace.blogspot.com/