YORK-ANNOUNCE-L Archives

York U. announcements list - READ ONLY

YORK-ANNOUNCE-L@YORKU.CA

From:
CNS Announce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
York U. announcements list - READ ONLY
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:12:30 -0400
Moodle users may have experienced occasional challenges over the past
few weeks with the performance of our new central Moodle service that
will be used for courses beginning this Fall. As more instructors
have begun the process of preparing courses, and migrating  course
materials from the old Moodle server, responsiveness of the server
has at times become sluggish. We understand that when you experience
problems while preparing your courses at this time of year they are
very disruptive. CNS IT groups are working expeditiously to improve
both the performance and stability of the  Moodle service ahead of
the start of classes next week.

One of the changes that will be undertaken will require a service outage
on Friday August 29th from 7:00am until 10:00am. Beyond these immediate
improvements, additional enhancements that will further improve
performance have been planned, and will be implemented during September.

CNS staff will be available throughout the weekend, and on the holiday
Monday, monitoring Moodle closely to ensure that any issues that may arise
are addressed promptly.

Please direct questions to CNS Client Services
(phone: 416-736-5800, email: [log in to unmask])

CNS Announce