From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2014 08:24:03 -0500
Steve, thanks for the reminder.  I cover Twichell and Atlanta Univ. in my
book, pp. 145-6.  I wonder if he talked about this with Twain?  No, there
are no mentions of Du Bois in Twichell letters, that I can discover.

Related, as many of you may recall:  Twain met Booker T. Washington and
spoke in his support, and introduced him to some of his rich friends.
Washington also spoke at Asylum Hill church, at least twice, and Twichell
knew him as well, of course.

Also:  there is a brief article on MT and the NAACP, by Larry Marshburne in
the MT Journal, if anyone is interested in this topic.

thanks, --Hal B.