From:
Chrystal Ocean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:08:59 -0500
A post from Challenging the Commonplace:

"About recessions and depressions, Daphne and I are hoping for a Depression. You know, spread
the poverty. A depression would be one way - perhaps the only way - of levelling things out a
bit. Perhaps others, in tightening their belt, might come to some conclusions we poor people are
well aware of...

Contrary to hype, the philosophy of 'share the wealth' doesn't occur. The wealth in a market-
driven economy only gets hoarded by an increasingly narrower group of the elite and powerful.
But if a depression happens, then more people get to 'share the poverty' - whether they choose
to or not..."

Full post: http://tinyurl.com/3tdadr

Ocean
--
Book: Policies of Exclusion, Poverty & Health: Stories from the front
Podcast Channel: http://bcseawalker.podbean.com/

If you live in BC, help promote the May 12 referendum on electoral reform - visit
http://www.stv.ca/