Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2023 10:37:07 -0700
8bit
Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Still reading notes from "Heretical Fictions", I note the idea that Jim
did not tell Huck about the dead body being Pap as because Jim did not
want Huck to abandon him in his quest to escape slavery.  I had always
had the impression that his motivation was to avoid telling Huck the
"bad" news.  Thinking about it, now, I suppose I have been a bit naive.

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/