Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:56:02 -0000
From:
Messent Peter <[log in to unmask]>
I have two file attachments which I am happy to send to any member who
asks: write to my home address - [log in to unmask]
But take into account the fact that sometimes such files seem not to
transfer as readily as they in theory should (so if you can't open them
or don't get them, don't shoot the messenger!).

One is a phonograph record from 1917: the Premier Quartet's "Huckleberry
Finn" on Edison Records.

The other is a record of "How Tom Whitewashed the Fence," recited by
William Sterling Battis. Battis seems to have been a regular performer
on the Chautauqua circuit during the first decades of the 20th cent.,
and was known for reciting and enacting Dickens.

Cheers. Pete