Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:31:32 -0600
Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From: Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Folks;  Does anyone happen to know a good, thorough, and readable analysis
of the MT House in Hartford, particularly as a cultural-studies type reading
of the house as representative of Victorian culture, that sort of thing?

We actually have a wonderful building here on SLU's campus, the Cupples
House, (cupples.slu.edu/),  that reminds me of Twain's home, and I often
have had student take a tour and then discuss what the building tells us
about the culture.  They have some old Italian religious paintings, and much
Tiffany glass, and so on.  I did this last year in conjunction with a
reading of SILAS LAPHAM.

thanks in advance,

Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Dept. of English