Date:
Wed, 11 May 2022 16:28:30 +0000
I am continuing my search for information about Sam Clemens in Nevada Territory in 1861-64. John Wesley North of Minnesota had been appointed Surveyor General of Nevada Territory, then became a territorial judge. He is considered to be the man who told Sam Clemens to slope (quietly leave the Territory) after the Virginia City Duel challenge. A number of years ago I read, on the Internet, a sketch by one of the North children, a daughter as I remember, in which Clemens as either Sam or Mark, is mentioned relative to his visit to the Carson City school the child attended. At the time I thought I could always come back to that article, which of course is not true. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I would really really like to find that article, or a copy thereof.