Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:30:51 -0500
I have had a request to make available online the original text of
Robert Richardson's poem -- lines from which Twain adapted for Susy's
headstone.  Alan Gribben in _Mark Twain's Library: A Reconstruction_
gives the official title as "Requiem" alternately titled "To Annette."
Our reference librarian has been unable to locate a source for the
complete text of the poem in _Granger's Index of Poetry_ or other
various reference sources.

Are there any recommended sources where the complete text of the
original poem can be found? Or...
The name of the book in which Twain originally found the poem?

Thanks,
Barb