"Kevin. Mac Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Jan 2009 17:23:26 -0600
I have what I presume is the traipsing film you mention. She's waltzing
around her Hollywood swiiming pool, ca. 1950. No sound.

I have a ton of things from Clara's estate besides books from her father's
library --  her own library of religious texts (it fills four banker boxes,
all post-1910), her color photos of Nina and Jacques, etc. Twain's gold PBK
key, a silver key to an English library presented to Twain, Jean's Italian
photo album with a few Twain annotations, Clara's angelfish pin, the
complete archive of glass plate negatives of Frederick Hyde's photos of
Twain and Stormfield that Hyde gave to Clara, a batch of letters between her
and Ossip (he slapped her in the face according to one letter), a lot of
personal papers (her blood test before marrying Jacques showing that she did
not have VD), oddball bric-a-brac, etc., but only the one film of her.

Kevin Mac Donnell
Austin TX