From:
Judy Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:08:42 -0700
ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING
DECEMBER 2005 ISSUE OF WELLSPRING

1. What's in this issue?

2. News from the Alberta Centre for Active Living

------------------------------

1. WHAT'S IN THIS ISSUE?

Activating Alberta Schools Every Day

Feature article: "Run, Jump, and Throw: Implementing Daily Physical Activity
in Alberta Schools"
Shelley Barthel, Schools Come Alive, and Doug Gleddie, Ever Active Schools.
This article focuses on the daily physical activity (DPA) initiative
introduced in Alberta schools in September 2005.
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/publications/wellspring.html

Commentary: "Helping Schools Implement Daily Physical Activity (DPA)"
Marg Schwartz, Learning and Teaching Resources Branch, Alberta Education.
The author discusses ways in which Alberta Education is supporting the daily
physical activity inititative.
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/publications/wellspring.html

To reprint one of the WellSpring articles listed above on your web site or
in your newsletter, please contact Kathy Garnsworthy, Communications and
Marketing Coordinator, Alberta Centre for Active Living

--------------------------------------

2. NEWS FROM THE ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING

a. New Web Site Launched (www.centre4activeliving.ca)
Check out our new web site! The new design allows you to find physical
activity information much more easily. Use the Advanced Search feature to
find information in one or more categories.
Congratulations to Roger Bakes who was the lucky winner in our web site
usability contest!

b.  New E-Bulletin (http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/news/bulletin.html)
Find out what centre staff have planned for the next couple of months

c. News from the Canadian Health Network (www.canadian-health-network.ca).
The Alberta Centre for Active Living is the Active Living affiliate for the
Canadian Health Network.

- Visit the CHN homepage to see the new feature article on "Be active - for
your mind + body," starting on January 15, 2006. The Alberta Centre for
Active Living was one of the contributors to this article.

- CHN has launched an online Healthy Lunches to Go Tour to show families how
easy it can be to pack healthy, delicious lunches
(http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=CHN-RC
S/Page/ShellCHNResourcePageTemplate&c=Page&cid=1127088710514&lang=En).

- Myths and Facts about Health list CHN's top 10 health myths and a
myth-buster quiz to help families sort fact from fiction
(http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=CHN-RC
S/Page/ShellCHNResourcePageTemplate&c=Page&cid=1132540867132&lang=En).

- Visit the Health Events Highlights section of CHN's home page to read
about timely health promotion and disease and injury prevention events
across Canada, complete with links to related English and French resources
in the CHN collection.

----------------------

Kathy Garnsworthy
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Alberta Centre for Active Living
Edmonton, Alberta
Tel.: 780 415-6248
Visit the centre's new and improved web site at www.centre4activeliving.ca

If you have received this message more than once, we apologise. We try to
distribute our information as widely as possible. As we send out through a
variety of distribution networks, some of you may receive this message more
than once. If you would like to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please
contact Margaret Burns at [log in to unmask]