From:
Erin Ottosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:22:29 -0700
RESEARCH UPDATE DECEMBER 2008 IS NOW AVAILABLE

The December 2008 issue of Research Update is now available at:

http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/publications/research.html

In this issue:

- How Health Promoters Can Compete with Commercial Advertising

- Treating Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Children

NEWS FROM THE ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING

ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES SEEKS TWO POPULATION HEALTH CONSULTANTS

These consultants will ensure that policy and communication activities
support the creation of healthy social and built environments in Alberta.
The deadline to apply is December 22, 2008.

https://www.capitalhealth.ca/Careers/CareerOpportunities/HR_EmploymentCatego
ry.asp?jb1=2
<https://www.capitalhealth.ca/Careers/CareerOpportunities/HR_EmploymentCateg
ory.asp?jb1=2&jb2=DS-45139-CC> &jb2=DS-45139-CC

STAY ACTIVE WITH WINTERACTIVE

WinterActive is a campaign that encourages Canadians of all ages to get up,
go out and remain active in the wintertime. January 15 - February 27, 2009,
across Canada.

http://www.winteractive.org/en/default.aspx

MARK YOUR CALENDARS: 2009 PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FORUM IS COMING

Our 2009 Physical Activity Forum will be held May 26, 2009, in Edmonton and
May 27, 2009, in Calgary. Our keynote speaker, Guy Faulkner, PhD, of the
University of Toronto, will speak on the relationship between physical
activity and mental health. More information will be available in the New
Year at this webpage:

http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/news/physical-activity-forum/index.html

RESEARCH UPDATE REDESIGN

The next time you see Research Update, it will look very different! To
better serve you, we're working on a redesign. We plan to launch the new
version with our first issue of 2009, which will come out in March.

PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INFORMATION ROUND-UP

Every week, the Centre rounds up recent research, resources and stories in
the media about physical activity.

http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/library/roundup/index.html

RSS UPDATES

To subscribe to RSS updates from the Alberta Centre for Active Living's
website, visit:

http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/rssfeedinfo.html

ABOUT US

The Alberta Centre for Active Living is affiliated with the University of
Alberta Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation and is supported by the
Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks & Wildlife Foundation and the Government of
Alberta.