From:
Alison Stirling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 06:29:04 -0400
Thank you Peter for your message. Unfortunately, it did not reach the
CLICK4HP list, as it had an attachment. The listserv blocks attachments to
prevent transmission of viruses, and to assist many subscribers who pay by
the minute for downloading, and would have difficulty (and costs) in
downloading unexpected attachments. Many email systems also block unexpected
attachments as a virus-prevention measure.

I am copying your message to the list, and encourage interested subscribers
to contact you directly for a copy of your 4 page PDF article.  Here is the
abstract from that brief paper "Towards a more unified definition of health
promotion" in the Health Promotion Journal of Australia 2003;14:82-5:

Issues addressed: Health promotion continues to be constrained by the lack
of a consistent, clear and useable definition.
Discussion: The authors reviewed definitions of health promotion from the
international literature and crossreferenced
them with the national health promotion competencies and current health
promotion practice. The key elements of the most widely used concepts of
health promotion have been incorporated into a single definition. A case
study has been used to illustrate its practical nature.

If there is a website that people could go to to access the Health Promotion
Journal of Australia, please let us know!  Thanks again for your thoughtful
message and your contributions to this important discussion.

Alison Stirling
co-facilitator, CLICK4HP health promotion listserv
[log in to unmask]  OR  [log in to unmask]
http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/click4hp.html