From:
"Kalda, Robyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:10:34 -0400
Conference registration deadline approaching!

Join us in Sackville, New Brunswick from May 13-15 for Putting Science
into Action: Equity from the Start Through Early Child Development. The
conference is focused on substantively shifting all Canadian provinces
towards implementation of a system of early child development programs,
policies and funding that reflects our current knowledge of the
importance of the early years to the social and economic fabric of our
lives today. Your involvement is important in moving our ECD agenda
forward.

Presenters include the Dr. Steven Barnett (Director, National Institute
for Early Education Research), Dr. Sven Bremberg (Director, Department
of Child and Adolescent Health and Mental Health, Swedish National
Institute of Public Health), Dr. Neal Halfon (Director, Centre for
Healthier Children, Families and Communities), Dr. Clyde Hertzman
(Director, Human Early Learning Partnership) and Dr. Fraser Mustard
(Founder, Council for Early Child Development).  In addition, it has
been confirmed that Right Honourable Paul Martin will speak at the
conference. The Hon. Martin will speak to the importance of federal
government involvement in ECD and the obstacles, challenges and
recommendations for implementing a National ECD System. The full program
is attached, and additional conference information is on our website
along with the link to the registration site.

REGISTER NOW TO SECURE YOUR SEAT:

http://www.councilecd.ca/cecd/home.nsf/pages/sackville_registration.html

For a more information on conference program, speakers and venue, visit:

http://www.councilecd.ca/cecd/home.nsf/pages/sackville_home.html

PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS EMAIL TO ANYONE YOU THINK MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
ATTENDING.