From:
"Beattie, Tanya" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:48:11 -0500
At risk of entirely taking the blame off of parents and children, my
suggestion is to start focusing our "interventions" on the source of
this problem, our food supply.  Only when our food supply is returned to
the way it is supposed to be, and the food industry is no longer
permitted to target our children (and us) with their processed and
convenience food ads, not even mentioning their tendency to not tell the
public the truth about their products, will we see an actual change in
the public's weight.  This is not an individual behaviour problem, this
is a problem on a population level, our food supply has changed so
drastically over the past 40 or 50 years and now the symptom of this
problem is overweight and obesity.  Let's all start focusing on dealing
with the source problem, that is my recommendation.

Tanya Beattie, Public Health Promoter