From:
"Beattie, Tanya" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:54:38 -0400
Hi Alison,

I am so glad to see this posted to this listserv.  I read this article with a great deal of excitement, especially the first few paragraphs as they really struck home.  I thought the article was incredibly accurate in describing where many of us are at, and motivating to really start pushing to refocus our efforts to start addressing the social determinants of health in our work and to truly acknowledge that chronic diseases are not going to be addressed by focusing mainly on lifestyle and behaviour change.

Thanks Alison for posting this and opening the discussion on this very important topic.  I, for one, look forward to hearing what others have to say and find out what others are doing to address this in their neck of the woods.

Tanya

Tanya Beattie, BScH
Public Health Promoter
KFL&A Public Health
221 Portsmouth Avenue
Kingston, Ontario  K7M 1V5
613-549-1232, ext. 1293
Fax: 613-549-7896
www.kflapublichealth.ca
 Please consider the environment before printing this email / Avant de faire imprimer ce courriel, veillez à l'environnement

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and delete the original message.

Le présent message peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels réservés à l’usage exclusif du destinataire ou de l’organisme y figurant. Par conséquent, si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire de ce message ou la personne devant le lui remettre, nous vous avisons qu’il est strictement interdit de le passer en revue, de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le copier. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, nous vous remercions de nous en aviser par retour de courriel et de détruire le message original.