From:
"Kalda, Robyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:10:35 -0400

Dear community partners,

Health Nexus is delighted to invite you to a free, interactive webinar
to celebrate Stroke Awareness Month:

Connecting the Dots: what we've learned...where we're going

June 29, 1:00 to 2:15 pm

If you work in stroke, chronic disease prevention, or health promotion
in general, please join us to learn about:

*	exciting new ways of working in collaboration, using a model
that works!
*	lessons learned about community engagement
*	new network analysis and development tools to help us track and
support community-based networks
*	a newly launched e-resource to help us work together differently
- across sectors

Connecting the Dots (CTD)

The webinar will focus on the highly successful model of community
engagement known as 'Connecting the Dots' (CTD). Developed by Health
Nexus in 2004, CTD has engaged nearly 1000 community stakeholders in 15
Ontario communities. CTD brings together participants from different
sectors and helps them "work together differently" for greater impact.

New CTD handbook launched

At this webinar we will launch our new Connecting the Dots handbook,
that community groups and organizations can use to work across sectors
to leverage their joint potential to prevent chronic disease in their
communities.

Exciting new tools

We'll also be sharing some new work on network analysis and development
that we have begun in the last year. This takes the idea of CTD to a new
level with great possibilities. Through this technology, communities and
groups will be able to craft deliberate interventions to enhance their
networks.

Register early at
http://www.healthnexus.ca/events/CTD/registration.html.  Once you
register, you will receive details on how to access the webinar.

We look forward to your participation on June 29th.

Prevent Stroke Team @ Health Nexus

http://www.healthnexus.ca/