From:
Shelley Hourston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 12:01:28 -0700
Hello again everyone. My apologies for sending the info as an attachment
(thank you Laura for letting me know it didn't make it to the list!). The
information appears below. If you would like a PDF version, please email me
directly. Additional information will be available on our website soon.
Thanks for your help in spreading the word.

Cheers,

Shelley

Free Workshop

Are You Living with HIV/AIDS?

Have you ever wondered how some people seem to manage
life with HIV/AIDS and other disabilities like depression
and Bipolar Disorder with apparent ease?

Does living with stigma and the unpredictability of your
disability wear you down?

You're not alone!

The BC Coalition of People with Disabilities (BCCPD) is offering a free
workshop!

After 30 years of advocacy, we at BCCPD have found that three of the most
powerful things people do to create meaning and satisfaction in their lives
involve: health education (educating oneself and others), advocacy (for self
and for others), and leadership (at the personal level and sometimes
higher).

We’ve taken these three activities and created a program called HEAL—which
stands for health education, advocacy, and leadership.

Our first HEAL workshop is for people living with HIV/AIDS who want to learn
practical and accessible strategies for living well with one or more of the
following:

§         Depression,

§         Bipolar Disorder,

§         Substance mis-use,

§         Stigma, and/or

§         The ups and downs of chronic, episodic illness

We know that there are people living with multiple disabilities who have
found ways to create a meaningful life, despite the challenges they face.
This workshop will explore ways to do that.

Interested? Contact us soon—spaces are limited!

What: HEAL workshop for people living with HIV/AIDS in Canada

Where:            Sessions offered as a TeleWorkshop (free conference calls)
or online (email/listserv). Call to enquire about a face-to-face workshop in
Vancouver area.

When:             Session #1 begins week of September 28th

                        Session #2 (repeat) begins week of October 13th

Cost:               FREE!

Facilitator:      Shelley Hourston, BCCPD’s program director for the AIDS &
Disability Action Program developed the HEAL program. She has worked with
people with multiple disabilities for 11 years. Shelley is a librarian, has
a certificate in leadership coaching, and has written extensively about
disabilities and health.

To register or for information: Call Shelley at 604-875-0188 (toll-free
1-877-232-7400), or email  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] Spaces
are limited to keep groups small.

  _____