SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Bonita Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:13:08 -0400
In recognition of the 22nd annual United Nations International Day for
the Eradication of Poverty on Oct. 19, Metro News (the free commuter
paper) is sponsoring the following:

A call to action on poverty

METRO NEWS SERVICES
October 13, 2009 6:15 p.m.

Poverty is all around us — but as this series aims to show that there
can be solutions. Send us your views on this challenging urban issue,
and your suggestions on how each person can help eradicate poverty to
[log in to unmask] You can also comment on any story, or
tweet us at @metrotoronto.

For more information
http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/local/article/338948--a-call-to-action-on-poverty

Note the way they frame the issue: “suggestions on how each person can
help eradicate poverty” as if it is an individual issue. Perhaps we
should provide another perspective! I will be sending in the results
of a survey I worked on with injured workers.

Bonnie Heath