From:
Susan Durkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:17:08 EST
I have had a forum member contact me regarding what "Mark Twain Passions"
is all about:

This limited Edition giclee print is a  print copy of my original oil on
linen painting (14 x 18. ) The picture  shows 3 Star gazer Lilies ( picked
from "Mark Twain's" Lobster Pot  Garden this summer) these Lilies represent
Mark Twain's passion about   nature, the solar system and stars and comets.,
particularly Halleys  Comet..which is fitting for the upcoming  Mark Twain
Centennial as quoted  by Twain:

"I came in with Halleys's  Comet...it will be the greatest disappointment
of my life  if I don't go  out  with Halley's comet. The Almighty has said,
no doubt, now here go  those two unaccountable frauds; they came in
together,
they must go out  together"
 Mark   Twain

The painting has two of Mark Twain's  most famous books, which are green
with gold lettering; "Huckleberry Finn"  and "Tom Sawyer" representing
Twain's
passion for writing, and the written and  spoken word.

The Mark Twain Whiskey..(painted from  an actual real bottle..made in
Kentucky) represents Mark Twain's  love of "Drink":

"Sometimes too much drink is  barely enough"   Mark Twain

 and the Cigar..was one of his  most constant companions.

"I know a good cigar better than  you do, for I have had sixty years'
experience. No, that is not what I mean; I  mean I know a bad cigar better
than
anybody else. I judge by the price only; if  it costs above 5 cents, I know
it to be either foreign or half foreign and  unsmokable"     Mark Twain

If I could of fit a cat in the  composition I certainly would have..knowing
his great love of Cats and  Kittens.

Susan Boone Durkee

_www.SusanDurkee.com_ (http://www.susandurkee.com/)
_www.thelobsterpotstudio.com_ (http://www.thelobsterpotstudio.com/)