SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Rosanne Prinsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 13:10:46 -0700

OCTOBER 2009 WELLSPRING NOW AVAILABLE

Supporting the Physical Activity Needs of Women in Low Socio-economic Status

http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/publications/wellspring/2009/oct-low-SES-w
omen.html
Since 2000, more municipalities across Canada have been offering targeted
programming and scheduling for families, women and low income groups.  But
did you know that women in disadvantaged circumstances-including immigrant
women, multicultural women, low-income women, and single-parent
mothers-report that they do not receive enough information about local
opportunities for physical activities and sport?

This WellSpring covers the following topics:

*	The Issue: Physical Activity and Socio-economic Status
*	The Response: CAAWS Focus Groups
*	What Was Heard
*	Barriers and Challenges
*	Possible Solutions
*	Looking Ahead

http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/publications/wellspring/2009/oct-low-SES-w
omen.html

ABOUT THE ALBERTA CENTRE FOR ACTIVE LIVING

The Alberta Centre for Active Living is affiliated with the University of
Alberta Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation and is supported by the
Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks & Wildlife Foundation and the Government of
Alberta.

Visit our Events webpage to find out more about upcoming workshops,
symposia, conferences and other events:
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/news/events.html

Visit our Physical Activity Information Round-Up to catch up on recent
research, resources, and stories in the media about physical activity:
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/library/roundup/index.html

Subscribe to RSS updates from the Alberta Centre for Active Living:
http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/rssfeedinfo.html