Sender:
From:
JULES AUSTIN HOJNOWSKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:23:06 +0000
Good morning Twain friends :)

Just wanted to let you know that my special session for RMMLA was approved!

Here is the CFP:

CALL FOR PAPERS

Mark Twain Panel
Ms. Jules A. Hojnowski
Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association Conference
October 10-12, 2013
Vancouver, WASHINGTON (across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon - fly into PDX!) at the Hilton Vancouver Washington

Mark Twain
The Western Residences of Mark Twain: Found in Fact or Fiction
This panel is focusing on Mark Twain's "Residences" out west, converging on experiences or relationships while in that residence.  Residences could include a friend's home, an apartment, a room in a hotel or even a tent.  This could include works written by Mark Twain, or other authors writing about him.

This session invites academic papers, multi-media, or digital pieces on any aspect of Mark Twain's "home" while he was in the west.
By March 1, 2013, email or regular mail 300-word abstracts with the requisite information as noted in the RMMLA call for papers guidelines,  http://rmmla.wsu.edu/conferences/presenters.asp

to Mrs. Jules A. Hojnowski, at [log in to unmask] or 1690 Trumansburg Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850

I am doing this panel in RMMLA, because there is one in SAMLA for the east coast people, and I know there are MANY Twain people on the west coast, who can't get to the east coast, so I like to give them equal opportunity to present.  I would love to make this panel a permanent one someday, and I help at the conference every year, because it is an awesome conference :)

I'll post this once a month, until I get enough papers for it :)

For the new people on this list or new to conferences in general, there is a membership fee AND a registration fee, that must be paid to present.  It is not much, but there is one, so be sure that it can be paid before asking to be on the panel.

Thank you so much!
Jules