From:
Barry Crimmins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:46:57 -0400
I hope Jocelyn Chadwick reconsiders and apologize if I in any way
contributed to her departure.

I think it unfair to place a further burden on this forum's
benevolent administrator by asking him to serve as a bouncer.

I cannot in good faith call for the ouster of Mr. Fears. I ask my
friends to reconsider this request. I can and will sic my spam filter
on Mr Fears if he doesn't stop posting instant and often boorish
realize that this list is not his personal Rorshcach test. I know I
have had a couple of thoughts of posting lately that I abandoned
because I didn't want my remarks treated as if they were fodder for
"Ask David Fears."

No matter how you spin it, you are not a martyr or a victim, Mr
Fears. What you are is one member of a forum full of people who are
very knowledgeable about Mark Twain. It is a forum that is bleeding
members ever since you have begun posting far more often than any
other member. As any good teacher might say, "Let's give some of the
others a chance."

Barry Crimmins