From:
"Horace J. Digby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 01:37:11 -0700
Benchley Society Deadline April 1st - Bob Newhart Judge

Attention All Mark Twain Aficionados:

The entry deadline for the 2008 Robert Benchley Society  international humor
writing competition is April 1st, 2008.

And have we got a celebrity judge.  Emmy, Peabody, Grammy and Mark Twain
Prize winning humorist Bob Newhart, who brought us two of America’s most
beloved television sitcoms will serve as this year's finalist judge.

The deadline in coming up.  Go to the following site for official rules and
to enter:
http://www.robertbenchley.org/2008_competition/enter1.htm

The following site provides even more information about the competition:
http://www.lexingtonfilm.com/rbscompetition.htm

ANYONE CAN WIN.  Last year first place went to a relative newcomer to humor
circles from Illinois, Daniel Montville.  The year before Dave Barry awarded
first place to W. Bruce Cameron, who's inspired an Emmy winning
Disney/ABC/John Ritter television series, and two movies.  His newest book,
8 Simple Rules for Marrying My Daughter, due out April 8th, already has a
movie deal with 26 Films and Wendy Finerman who helped bring us The Devil
Wears Prada and Forrest Gump.

Your pal,
Horace J. Digby
2005 Winner of the Robert Benchley Society Award for Humor

                                    - ### -