From:
randall maple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:28:10 -0700
Carolyn:  I will risk casting my swine before the
pearls once akin.  Until   scholars familiarize
themselves with the "words" Twain relished in rather
than theories of what he meant, it will be near
impossible to find the real Twain.  I think you are at
that entry point with your question. The first chapter
of HF gives up the ghost.  After Huck is told Tom
won't be in heaven either, he breaths a sigh of relief
and rejoices, "I wanted him and me to be together."
He then hears the owls "who-whooing" [who are you?].
Then, a ghost telling him "something  that's on its
mind and can't make itself understood."   The chapter
ends with both he and Tom echoing "me-yow! me-yow!"
Twain puts it in parenthesis, quotation marks, and
exclamation points as though it should be attended to?
"Yow" is a version of "you."  Yes, both acknowledging
each as the other.   In-deed, new beginnings!  Good
writing.  Randy
--- Carolyn Leutzinger Richey <[log in to unmask]>

=== message truncated ===

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs