From:
Alex Effgen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:02:53 -0500
Greetings Mark Twain Forum:

The Call for Papers that preceded this email (below) on the
conference this summer studying the parallel legacies of Mark Twain
and Leo Tolstoy was inspired by those who contributed to the closing
roundtable at Elmira this past summer. Thank you for your militant
concern, and thanks to all of you these past years who have nourished
my curiosities and challenged my preconceptions. I would be honored
by your support and interest in this project, and especially your
contribution, should you feel so inclined.

Please let me know if you have any questions (or would like a copy of
the tentative flyer I've designed). I would appreciate any help you
might provide forwarding this Call to relevant departments,
potentially interested applicants (stress grad students!!), and
message boards. Thank you for your time and consideration. And given
the season

Happy Holidays!
Alex Effgen