From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2019 17:43:35 +0000
My friend Vivian Pollak, notes Dickinson scholar, sent me this query; anyone know off the top??

Hi Hal,

Here's one for you. Where and when did MT say in re Henry James, "Once you've put one of his books down, you simply can't pick it up again." The internet has different versions of the quote, but no source. And how's everything--I'm teaching Daisy Miller tomorrow coming off Huck. The quote is a transition----of sorts!

Best,
Vivian