SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Alison Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2010 10:11:39 -0400
One from the US

http://www.promisingpractices.net/briefs/briefs_headstart.asp

And several from Canada

Federally funded programs:

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/dca-dea/family_famille/index-eng.php

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/dca-dea/programs-mes/capc_goals-eng.php

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/dca-dea/programs-mes/cpnp_main-eng.php

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/dca-dea/programs-mes/ahs_main-eng.php

Project examples:

http://www.motherisk.org/prof/index.jsp

http://www.mothercraft.ca/index.php?q=breaking-the-cycle-programs-and-services

Alison Barclay
A/Program Consultant/A/Consultante des programmes
Public Health Agency of Canada/Agence de la santé publique du Canada
Ontario and Nunavut Region/Region de l’Ontario et du Nunavut
Tel/tél : 519-571-6867
Fax/téléc : 519-571-6858

             Tina Wilson
             <tinaewilson@GMAI
             L.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by: Social           [log in to unmask]
             Determinants of                                            cc
             Health
             <[log in to unmask]>                                       Subject
                                       [SDOH] Social determinants of
                                       children's mental health
             2010-05-01 10:09
             AM

             Please respond to
                  Social
              Determinants of
                  Health

Hello everyone,

I am hoping folks can identify for me any mental health organizations that
explicitly/publicly incorporate SDOH frameworks into their work.  My focus
is on child and youth mental health, but adult mental health would also be
helpful. The names of  organizations that focus on the wellbeing of young
people more generally (and explicitly incorporate the SDOH) would also be
appreciated.

I'm hoping for Canadian examples, but international ones could also work.

Also, I would be grateful if folks could point me towards writers who focus
on the social determinants of children's mental health. Please be assured
that I know very little about this area and welcome any and all
thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thank in advance,
Tina
To leave, manage or join list: