Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:00:40 -0400
Subject:
From:
Alain Munkittrick <[log in to unmask]>
For those of you who can stand it, here is a transcript of the context
of Coulter's remarks on Lou Dobbs' show, which I have pasted (from
www.mediamatters.org).

DOBBS: I had people saying I should just absolutely eviscerate you here
tonight and just destroy you, which really isn't my job.
COULTER: No, I think you are eviscerating, and you're doing a very good
job of it.
DOBBS: Thank you very much. But, you know, the idea that the media has
this reaction to you, I find fascinating because you are basically the
-- forgive me -- but the opposite of Michael Moore.
COULTER: I reject that.
DOBBS: I know you do. I know you do. But I'm giving you one man's
perception and possibility.
COULTER: I think I am the right-wing Mencken, the right-wing Mark
Twain. I am not the right-wing Michael Moore.
DOBBS: I will let you define yourself, obviously, and I'll even
entertain the possibility.
[...]
DOBBS: But do you really feel -- I'd just like to know because you're a
very bright lady. We have such important issues here.
COULTER: Yes.
DOBBS: And we have to go through the attacks, and we have to go through
the rancor.
COULTER: Yes. Well, there are a lot more attacks on one side than the
other. And if you're describing what I say about the Jersey Girls as
reducing dialogue in America, au contraire. I think it is precisely the
opposite. That is my objection to what liberals are doing by sending
out victims as their spokespeople. I think it's the ugliest thing
liberals have done to dialogue in this country.
Yeah, there are important issues and we should discuss it. But if you
have a point to make, send out somebody who isn't a widow, who isn't an
orphan, who didn't have a son die in Iraq, who didn't lose limbs in
Vietnam to make the point so that we can respond, because I don't want
to hear when I respond, "Oh, that's mean. Oh, that's mean." No, let's
have a dialogue about the issues. You never see conservatives doing
that. Liberals are putting up human shields.
DOBBS: I never see conservatives doing what?
COULTER: Putting up human shields to make our points.
[...]
DOBBS: I'm still working on the Mark Twain and the H.L. Mencken. Ann
Coulter, thank you.
COULTER: You'll come around.
DOBBS: The book is Godless, and it's already number one. And if you're
liberal, you ought to read it. It's kind of fun. If you're
conservative, you already know what's in it. Now, have I messed up your
marketing? I said it.
COULTER: No, that was fabulous.
DOBBS: OK. Ann Coulter, thanks for being here. Appreciate it.
COULTER: Thank you.