Sender:
From:
Cal Pritner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:04:33 -0800
My wife and I saw the Wednesday matinee of IS HE DEAD?  Professor Bronson
(posted December 19) and I had similar experiences, and our respective
audiences enjoyed the production in much the same ways. I'd read the Twain
play soon after it was published & was disappointed.

The play doctor, the director, and the cast created an enjoyable performance
that was clear, fast-moving (especially in the second act), and often
delightfully funny.  I knew Mr. Butz only by reputation; he won me over.
Credit must go, though, especially to David Ives (adapter), and to Michael
Blakemore (director); they're professionals who served Twain well.

I'm recommending the production to my friends as great good fun -- a farce
well-performed.

Cal Pritner
New York, NY