Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:28:34 -0800
7bit
From:
Gregg Camfield <[log in to unmask]>
_Time's Arrow_: two episodes that have to be in the bottom ten of _Next Gen_
episodes.  Time-trekking, Picard and sidekicks end up in San Francisco ca
1910, where a white-suited Twain happens to be visiting, spouting bile about
the damned human race.  Picard and kicks commit genocide on a race of
parasites, all the while convincing Twain that humanity "has changed," has
gotten over its violent tendencies, etc.  Like a lover caught and asking for
"just one more chance," Picard works his magic on Twain, who so wants to
love humanity that he falls for the line one more time.  Fer sher.

Could he have, Twain would have had a field day with _Time's Arrow_.  I'd
love to see the _Trek_ writers interrogated by Twain's Satan.  Now that
would be television worth watching.

Gregg

p.s.  Like Michael Chabon, I am revealing that I am a geek and proud of it.
I have not only watched every STNG episode, I own them all.