Sender:
From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2010 19:27:24 -0500
Thanks for the good words. I deliberately said "cry" instead of "weep" so as
not to make it too easily googlable.

It's hard to think of questions that are not easily googled (Martha would
probably ask if that is A Bad Thing).

Below is the best contest question (s) I can come up with in order to give
away this copy of WHO IS MARK TWAIN?

To win the book you must answer all four of these questions--

1. Cite by day/month/year/recipient Twain's earliest known use of the n-word
in a letter.

2. Cite by title Twain's earliest use of the word in one of his published
writings.

3. Cite by title  Twain's earliest use of the word in one of his books.

4. Cite by day/month/year/recipient his last known use of the word (in a
letter, book, or other piece of writing).

Here's where it gets sticky-- I know #1 and 3. I think I know #4, but could
stand corrected. I'm clueless on #2, but curious.

If nobody gets all four, whoever gets the most correct answers wins. The
book gets given away this time!

I'm defining "correct answer" as whatever answer seems most correct and is
unrefuted by the time the contest ends...

This contest ends late Monday AM.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books