Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:52:28 -0800
From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Much as I was a fan of Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion", I'm a bit
disappointed in his appraisal of this volume.  I have to think that Mr
Keillor is a reader of the New Yorker and has taken his clues from
therein.  As Twain says, "...the latest review of a book was pretty much
to be just a reflection of the earliest review of it; ".

For myself, I enjoy what amounts to the character development (of Mark
Twain) afforded by the "stream of consciousness" approach and do not
expect the deliberate structure required of a novel or travelogue.