Sender:
From:
Terry Ballard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2012 12:38:51 -0400
About 5 years ago I started a project of creating a Google map of places
that were important in the life of Twain. Even though it had thousands of
visits, I was curious to see that it never came up when you made a search
for it. In the work I recently did on a book about Google, I had contacts
in the company who told me that it would never be in the index as long as
it was just in my name. I contacted the Mark Twain House and Museum in
Hartford, and they were gracious enough to "adopt" the project. A number of
people in the forum were helpful in adding to the supply of illustrations,
and more are on the way. The map as it exists so far can now be seen at
http://g.co/maps/5g9ne

Terry Ballard
Assistant Director of Technical Services for Library Systems
The New York Law School
185 West Broadway, New York, NY, 10013
212-431-2106
http://www.terryballard.org
Author of the forthcoming book "Google this"
http://googlethisforlibraries.com

"My memory has a mind of its own."