Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:06:48 -0700
Sender:
I send this email in hopes it reaches people that knew my mother Penny David.  I gives me such pleasure to read such nice thoughts about my Mother.  I monitor her email and wasn't sure how to reach all of you fellow friends of Mark Twain.  I too like Kent wished she could have made 100, as I miss her so much.  She was diagnosed last spring after her last lecture that she had Bulbar ALS. As all of you who knew my Mother can imagine she was as positive as you could be with such a diagnoses, the way she was about everything she dealt with.  She was 85 approaching 86 and decided not to do any procedures.  I was able to take family leave from my job and was with her from spring until she passed in November.  I was so fortunate to have been able to be her support through this terrible disease.  She said it was God's way of telling her she was done talking.  The hardest for me was seeing her miss her research and not being able to do her lectures.  She never knew how to slow down, it was always full steam ahead.  She so wanted to finish her last book.  She loved all of you folks and her visits to Elmira and anything dealing with Mark Twain.  I was fortunate to have been on a couple trips when she was doing research and saw how excited she would get. I am glad there are people out there that know her contributions and hope her name is never forgotten.
Again thank you for your kind words about a lady that truly will be missed

Dee Hoag
Daughter of Beverly R (Penny) David
Sent from my iPad