Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:04:50 -0600
From:
david carkeet <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
RFC822 error: <W> Invalid RFC822 field - "=". Rest of header flushed.

Last fall I had the good fortune to stay at a B&B
right next to the Villa Viviani on the outskirts of Florence—B&B Desiderio.
I learned of it from Tsuyoshi Ishihara in the course of his enjoyable Elmira conference
paper on the two Clemens villas in Florence. In fact, a Japanese map of
Florence was still in the B&B room when I visited.

B&B Desiderio has no website of its own, but two Italian
tourism sites link to it:

http://www.italiadream.it/it/4034_bed_breakfast_desiderio_firenze_toscana.htm

http://www.bed-and-breakfast.it/pagina.cfm?id=25903&idregione=16

The friendly proprietor is Ms. Franca Drago, whose
English is excellent. (She and her husband are retired physicists who taught
for a time in the U.S.) Her email address is [log in to unmask]

There are some idiosyncrasies to the B&B that you
might want to learn about. If your travel plans ever point you to Florence, drop
me a note and I’ll be happy to send you further information.

David Carkeet