Sender:
From:
Nathaniel Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:51:08 -0700
Joe,

I think *Tom Sawyer Abroad* is the shoe-in; Tom is at his most Hank-like
there.

"To the Person Sitting in Darkness" works well when framed with something
like "How much is Hank Morgan like these people (particularly the
missionaries) Twain is condemning a little over a decade later?"

If you have students who want to discuss CY as "science fiction,"  try
pairing it with "From the London Times of 1904."  Technology drives the
plot of both works, but in very different ways.

Best.
Nate

--
Nathaniel Williams