Sender:
From:
Matthew Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2017 15:38:42 -0400
In the coming weeks (and months), there will be lots of content at MarkTwainStudies.org <http://marktwainstudies.org/> drawn from the recent conference proceedings. Already, you can find announcements of the Henry Nash Smith and John S. Tuckey Awards, Ben Tarnoff’s keynote address for streaming and download, and Lou Budd Award-Winner Laura Skandera Trombley’s inebriation-themed panel paper, “Mark Twain & Libation.”

I expect many of you may also be interested in a our special guest-post in anticipation of the August 21 eclipse. David Ketterer, author of the much-anthologized essay “Epoch-Eclipse & Apocalypse in A CONNECTICUT YANKEE” revisits the themes of that essay, first published 44 years ago.

http://marktwainstudies.com/recalling-epoch-eclipse-apocalypse-anticipating-august-21-eclipse/ <http://marktwainstudies.com/recalling-epoch-eclipse-apocalypse-anticipating-august-21-eclipse/>

Many thanks to David and to all our contributors, current and future.

- MS

Matt Seybold
Assistant Professor of American Literature & Mark Twain Studies
Elmira College
(607) 735-1957