From:
"Glen M. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:43:33 -0400
Such cynicism! To claim that KenCen chose Richard Pryor over Russell
Baker in order to get tv ratings! The problem with that logic is this:
the target demographic for tv advertising is only about one percent more
likely to have heard of Pryor than of Baker; and the target demographic
for KenCen programming is likely to be scandalized by Pryor to the
extent that they've ever heard of him.

Kathy, your suggestion of Chuck Jones is so utterly perfect that I urge
the Hartford Courant, the Twain List, and everybody else immediately to
begin a campaign on his behalf! Chuck's not getting any younger.

Given national political trends, I guess we can be relieved that Minnie
Pearl has passed on to her reward.

Glen Johnson