From:
James E Caron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:07:58 -1000
I am sorry to read Dennis Eddings post about the passing of Clark Griffith.
I would second his evaluation of Clark's teaching abilities by saying that
he was the best professor at delivering cogent lectures I ever had, and that
he has been a model for my own lecturing duties.

Dennis and I took a seminar on Mark Twain together from Clark many moons ago
at the University of Oregon and the experience remains a living memory.  He
was also my dissertation director--cranky and ornery at times but a great
reader.  I knew that if a chapter passed muster with him, I had something
worthwhile.

Jim Caron