From:
Barry Crimmins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:27:52 -0400
There is war, despair, widespread corruption, criminal neglect and
massive human suffering going on. Such dire circumstances make me
want to say a lot of things but none of them are "ho-hum."

And the word conservative hardly applies to Coulter and her political
allies. I disagree with conservatives on many things, like labor
issues, but they have always been devoted to adherence to the Bill of
Rights and Constitution. When I was a kid, conservatives were in
favor of the conservation of nature. They also believed in a fiscally
responsible government. I think it unfair to tie people of that
political stripe with the neo-cons of today.

Obviously I have no problem with invective but the intellectual
vapidity Coulter demonstrates with her "no fair employing moral
authority" argument is not worthy of much debate. If a left-winger
ever went on television and said anything close to being as extreme
and offensive as the remarks Coulter has repeated again and again,
they would quite simply never again be given five seconds of air-time.

With so many people disgusted with this administration and the
excessive corruption and thuggery going on in Congress, it is hardly
articulate to describe the divide in this country as one that is
simply left and right.

And for the record, I have criticized plenty of Democrats and
leftists in my day. But anyone that doesn't see this current crowd as
an oil slick on the slippery slope to authoritarianism, is either
delusional or in on the scam.

Barry Crimmins