From:
"Ballard, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:23:32 -0400
I am closing in on the goal I set for a page I manage of Mark Twain's
journal writings at
http://www.terryballard.org/professional/twainjournals.html - every
entry clickable. I just got a copy of a very obscure old piece of Twain
frontier humor called "His last stamp." It took a couple of weeks, but I
transcribed it. If you can believe Worldcat, it was last reprinted in
1873, a year after initial publication in the Saturday Evening Post. A
direct link to the story can be found at
http://www.terryballard.org/professional/hislaststamp.html - enjoy!

Terry Ballard
Assistant Director of Technical Services for Library Systems
New York Law School, Mendik Library
185 W. Broadway
New York, NY, 10013
Telephone: 212-431-2106
Web: www.terryballard.org
Blog: librariansonedge.blogspot.com
Tweets: twitter.com/terryballard

"Things always seem darkest just before the bottom drops out." Arthur
Lifshin