From:
shioya koichi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 08:27:33 +0900
Dear members

On our message board, someone writes a message as follows:
http://www.jca.ax.apc.org/~kswatch/mt/clip1/store/58.html

    Does anyone have any ideas on Mark Twain stories
    that would translate into good puppet plays
    for children? I have one sure bet: Notorious jumping
    frog. . ., but i need two more. Any
    suggestions would be appreciated.

I have no idea about this.
Could you help him/her with it?

As for myself, I am very interested in dramatizing works
of Mark Twain. I often watch film versions of his works
on video. Two of the ones I saw recently are impressing
 to me; one is _Mark Twain Tonight!_, the other _Mark Twain,
A musical Biography_(though these are not his works).
 Mark Twain's works, I always think, are very  suitable to
dramatize. _Tom Sawyer_ is one of them. It is true the whole
story can be made a good play. But it consists of anecdotes,
so if one is picked up, it could be a good performance.
   By the way, I hear the performance of _Tom Sawyer_ was banned
at a high school in US. I'd like to know if the script of
this performance can be got or the way to get it.

Thank you.

Shioya, Koichi $B!J ([log in to unmask])
Robagoya-juku English School
3-27-8 Nishishiba Kanazawaku Yokohama,
Kanagawa Japan, 236-0017