From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:57:56 -0400
In the Charlotte Observer on Friday, the guy who does an "ask it" column had
one about famous quotations.  I kept expecting something from Mark Twain,
and there he was at the end.  Mark Elder, the columnist, listed it as his
favorite quotation, and from Mark Twain--some variation on "Dance like
nobody is watching, etc."  Since I am 99.9% sure Mark Twain never said
anything remotely like this (he would be more likely to parody it, I think),
I want to respond to the guy and correct him.  But I want to check on that
.1% doubt I have, so I am running  this by the folks.  The full quotation is
already in the recycle bin, so I hope that is enough to go on...

John Bird