From:
David H Fears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:27:29 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/2007 4:13:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Enjoyed  your POV until you picked on Jane Austin.  It is possible to enjoy
her  AND Mark Twain.

Arianne Laidlaw

Many things are possible; fewer are probable. Enjoying them both would be
akin to delighting in both good & evil in Eden--the last time it  occurred
there
was Hell to pay...DHF

"Every time I read _Pride and Prejudice_ I want to dig her up and beat her
over the skull with her own shinbone." --quoted in Harper's Monthly  article

"She makes me detest all her people, without reserve." --undated "Jane
Austen" fragment.

"Jane Austen's books, too, are absent from this library. Just that one
omission would make a fairly good library out of a library that hadn't a
book in
it." _Following the Equator__